Saturday, April 25, 2015

Woman who spent 30 YEARS fighting debilitating cerebral palsy and undergoing operations discovers she has been misdiagnosed - and almost all of her symptoms can be cured by just one pill...

A woman who spent 30 years of her life believing that she suffered from cerebral palsy, only to learn that she had in fact been misdiagnosed and almost all of her symptoms could be cured with just one pill, insists she feels no resentment or anger about her doctor’s life-changing error.

Jean Sharon Abbott, 38, from Plymouth, Minnesota, was told she had spastic diplegia, a form of cerebral palsy, when she was just four-years-old. But after three decades of suffering from muscle spasms, weakness, near immobility, as well as undergoing painful surgical procedures, she learned at the age of 33 that she actually had dopa-responsive dystonia (DRD), a rare, yet treatable, muscle disorder.

'Honestly, I’ve never had any negative thoughts about what I went through,' Jean told Daily Mail Online of her misdiagnosis, which saw her confined to a bed for much of her childhood.

While Jean admitted that there 'plenty of times' she wished she didn't have to deal with the physical symptoms associated with condition, including her dependence on others to complete everyday tasks, she noted that she still had a 'fantastic childhood' - thanks in large part to the unwavering support of her family and friends.

'Even though I had challenges, my parents were so good with dealing with my disability and didn’t “baby” me,' she explained. 'Also, I had true friendships that I never had to question. All of my life experiences made me who I am today - and I like me.' Full story...

Related posts:

  1. Mother of four dies after doctors misdiagnosed her cancer 30 times...
  2. 'Twenty doctors thought my baby's cancer was just a birthmark'
  3. 15-year-old schoolgirl died after 'doctor mistook tuberculosis for lovesickness'
  4. "Doctors are like cops: they can be very helpful, but are inherently dangerous..."
  5. Pushing 80 and given two weeks to live, dying patient cures by cannabis...
  6. The man who defied odds, turned down chemotherapy and drugs and outlived...

No comments:

Post a Comment