Thursday, August 25, 2016

BBC presenter takes drug in Brazil to "get close to God"

My name is Mawaan Rizwan. I'm an actor, comedian and a programme maker.

I've just made a documentary with BBC Three called Getting High For God? where I travel to the Americas to take part in religious ceremonies that involve drugs.

I wanted to get to the bottom of this spiritual drug taking thing - with lots of careful medical supervision obviously.

Can it help you find enlightenment? Or is it just a thing that backpackers do on their gap year?

As someone who grew up in a religious family but now feels detached from faith, I'm curious to explore my relationship with spirituality.

In the final episode I set out to Brazil to take part in an Ayahuasca ceremony. Full story...

Related posts:
  1. Your brain on Ayahuasca...
  2. Ayahuasca: the greatest secret in the universe (DMT)
  3. Ayahuasca: a strong cup of tea...
  4. Graham Hancock: Ayahuasca or the War on Consciousness...
  5. The Ayahuasca Experience, gateway to another dimension...
  6. The woman who can will herself out of her body...
  7. Religion as a product of psychotropic drug use...
  8. Hancock: Why we should rethink what we've been told about consciousness...

No comments:

Post a Comment